Banner

Friday, July 18, 2014

Super Simple Back To School Tote

Anyone who's spent some time on my blog knows I'm more than obsessed with bags. Especially tote bags. I have a ridiculous amount of crochet bags, in fact the first pattern I ever made was for a tote bag here

Since it's been a while that I've came out with a pattern, I decided to make something simple and easy. If you can single and double crochet, you can easily whip up this bag in a day or two.

I hope you enjoy! 



Back To School Tote




Materials
H hook
2 skeins of worsted weight yarn (I used Red Heart Super Saver)

Color A: Grey
Color B: Turquoise

Stitch Guide (US terms)Ch - Chain
SC - Single Crochet
DC - Double Crochet
sk - Skip
st - Stitch

Notes
Chain 2 does NOT count as a stitch. Same goes with chain 1 at the beginning of each round. 

Pattern
With color A, Ch 42
Row 1: Dc in 3rd ch from hook and each ch across. When you reach the end, turn your work and begin working DC down the opposite end of the chain. Slip stitch to your first DC to complete the round.
Row 2: ch 2 (does not count as dc), dc in same st and each st around. SL st to join. 
Row 3: change to color B. ch 1, sc in same st, dc in same st, sk next st,* sc and dc in next st, sk next st, *repeat around. SL st to join
Row 4: ch 1, *sc and dc in same st, sk next st* repeat ** around. SL st to join
Row 5-6: Repeat row 4
Row 7-8: With color A. Repeat row 2
Row 9-12: With color B. Repeat row 4
Row 13-14: With color A. Repeat row 2
Row 15-18: With color B. Repeat row 4
Row 19-20: With color A. Repeat row 2
Row 21-24: With color B. Repeat row 4
Row 25-26: With color A. Repeat row 2
Row 27-30: With color B. Repeat row 4
Row 30: With color A. Repeat row 2
Row 31: Ch 1, sc in same st and each st around, sl st to join.
Row 40: sl st into the next 3 st. ch 1, sc in same st, and next 22 st, ch 70, sk 17 st, sc into next st and next 22 st, ch 70, sl st into first sc.
Row 41: ch 1, sc into each st across, when you get to the handle, sc into each ch. sl st to complete the round.
Row 42: With color B. ch 1, sc in same st and each st around, sl st to join.
Row 43: With color A. ch 1, sc in same st and each st around, sl st and finish off. 


Happy Hooking!
If you have any questions or problems please leave a comment below and I'll try and help you out as best I can!





5 comments:

  1. Is it 2 skeins of each color or one of each?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was noticing you row 30 repeated and also you jump from row 31 to row 40. Did i miss something? I am going to try this bag for an elderly gentleman at my church! Thank you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! keep up the good work... Best Masculine Tote Bags For Summer

    ReplyDelete